Bananas are one of the most popular and also one of the healthiest fruits in the world. Although native to the tropics, they are grown all over the world.
Bananas have a rich nutritional profile which includes vitamins, minerals and other beneficial nutrients. This, along with their great taste, is the reason why they’re the favorite of millions around the world.
Bananas are rich in fiber, magnesium, potassium and other nutrients which our body needs on a daily basis.
Here are 10 reasons why you should include bananas in your diet:
- Due to the abundance of fiber, bananas are great for your digestion. They will normalize your bowel movements and prevent problems such as bloating and indigestion.
- Bananas contain a lot of tryptophan, a serotonin precursor which can help you sleep better. The presence of tryptophan also makes the tropical delight a great treatment for anxiety and depression.
- Consuming a couple bananas before and after workouts will give your energy levels a boost and nourish your muscles with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Due to the abundance of potassium and low sodium levels, bananas can regulate your blood pressure and prevent a variety of cardiovascular problems
- Bananas are full of vitamin B6 which has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes them a great food of choice for people suffering from joint problems.
- Bananas are also full of iron, an essential mineral that can help your body produce new red blood cells. This is great for people suffering from anemia.
- If you’re a diabetic, consuming a banana after your meals will prevent the glucose spikes.
- Due to the abundance of minerals such as potassium, bananas will “feed” your brain and have actually be found to make us smarter.
- The tropical fruit can improve the absorption of calcium in the body and make your bones stronger.
- According to a recent study, bananas may possess the ability to treat and prevent kidney cancer. As they can improve calcium absorption in the body, they are also a great natural remedy for kidney stones.