We all love wearing tops and tunics without sleeves, as such clothes not only save us from sweating but also make us look attractive. But you might think twice before wearing such clothes if you have dark armpits! Dark armpits can be caused due to excessive sweating, pimples, pigmentation etc. Since summers will be here soon and we all would want to look our best. So, following are the home remedies that you can try in order to explore how to get rid of dark armpits:
MULTANI MITTI (FULLER’S EARTH)
- Multani mitti: 1 tbsp
- Lemon: 1
- Rose water: 1 tbsp
- Add 1 tablespoon of rose water to 1 tablespoon of Multani mitti.
- Keep mixing them together till the mixture becomes consistent enough for the application.
- Now squeeze a lemon in the Multani mitti mixture and stir properly.
- Apply this paste on your underarms and let it dry.
- After 20 minutes, rinse your armpits with normal water and pat them dry.
- Do this remedy 3 times a week for 2 months to get clear armpits.
Multani mitti is known for having skin lightening properties. Moreover, it exfoliates the skin and opens all the clogged pores. Lemon helps in maintaining pH level of the armpits and makes you sweat less. It also helps in removing all the dead skin cells.
- Turmeric: 1 Tsp
- Honey: 1/2 tbsp
- Milk: 1/2 tbsp
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to 1/2 tablespoon of honey and mix them together.
- Now, add 1/2 tablespoon of milk to this mixture and again mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply this mixture on your armpits and massage in circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Then, let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Now, wash your armpits with cold water.
- Do this remedy 2 times a week for 2 months to get lightened armpits.
Turmeric is known for brightening up the skin and it also removes all the dark spots. Honey helps in moisturizing and hydrating the skin, thus it makes your armpits softer. Milk is rich in lactic acid which lightens the skin. Therefore, all these 3 ingredients together work best for the dark armpits.
- Orange: 1
- Cucumber: 1/2
- Muslin cloth: 1
- Break the orange peels of an orange into small pieces.
- Let the peels dry in sun for a day or two.
- Then, grind these dried orange peels in a mixer until they turn into powder.
- Now, take half a cucumber and grind it in a mixer.
- Using a muslin cloth, strain the cucumber juice.
- Mix this cucumber juice with the orange peel powder.
- Apply this mixture on your armpits and massage for 5 minutes.
- Then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your armpits with normal water and pat dry.
- Do this remedy 2 times a week for 6 weeks to get rid of the dark armpits.
Orange peel powder acts as a scrub and sheds off all the dead skin cells present in the armpits. It contains citric acid which helps in skin lightening. Cucumber juice is known for lightening and brightening up the skin. It also nourishes and hydrates the skin.
- Baking soda: 2 Tsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 Tsp
- Cotton ball: 1
- Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Using a cotton ball, dab the mixture on your armpits.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Then, wipe it off with a wet washcloth.
- Afterwards, wash your underarms with cold water and a mild cleanser.
- Do this remedy 2 times a week for 5 weeks to get clear and bright armpits.
Baking soda and Apple cider vinegar help in removing the dead skin cells which are one of the main causes for dark armpits. Baking soda maintains the pH level of the armpits and makes you sweat less.
TEA TREE OIL
- Tea tree oil: 7- 8 drops
- Water: 1 tbsp
- Spray bottle: 1
- Put 7- 8 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and shake it well.
- Spray the mixture on your armpits and let it dry.
- Leave the mixture on for overnight.
- The next morning, rinse your armpits with normal water and a mild cleanser.
- Do this remedy 5 times a week for 4 weeks to get effective results.
Tea tree oil keeps the sweat odor away and lightens the skin tone. It makes your armpits well nourished and moisturized. Water helps in the easy application.
Following are the preventive measures that you can follow in order to prevent your armpits from getting dark:
- Do not apply the deodorants or perfumes regularly. They contain harmful chemicals that not only make your skin dark but also harm your skin.
- Keep your underarms clean. Always wash your underarms daily with a mild cleanser while bathing.