Blisters on tongue occur when the body’s defense mechanism acts against the sores which are caused on the tongue after drinking something too hot, such as coffee, which can burn the tongue. These blisters can stay for more than a couple of days and can become very irritating at times. The blisters make eating a painful and tough task and can often leave a person relying on a liquid or semi-solid diet for a few days. Blisters on tongue can also be a sign of an underlying infection or ailment.
Here are some home remedies to take care of those blisters in a healthy way right at home:
Ice lowers the temperature around the blisters and provides a soothing sensation. This anesthetic property of ice makes it a great remedy for treating tongue blisters quickly.
- Ice cubes – 3 or 4
- Place an ice cube directly on your blisters and hold it there until the spot becomes totally numb.
- Repeat this procedure a few times in a day to heal the blisters quickly.
- You can also sip on ice cold water alternatively from time to time.
There is a compound called curcumin found in turmeric that has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which treat the stubborn blisters easily. Milk provides relaxation and soothes the inflammation caused by the blisters.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Milk – 1 Glass
- Heat a glass of milk until it comes to a boil.
- Remove the milk from heat and mix a teaspoon of turmeric in it. Mix it well.
- Swallow a little milk at a time.
- Repeat this process at least once daily to get relief from the blisters.